Myths Regarding The Filling Of The Esta Form To Reach The Goals

The United States is a great place to live, work, study or travel. However, like all countries in the world, we have our fair share of myths about immigration that exist for various reasons.

You can’t blame everyone for believing these myths, but it does make life more difficult for those who are trying to do things legally. That’s why we have decided to debunk some common myths from a US visa perspective.

1. I don’t need a visa if my passport says American

This myth has been circulating since forever (as long as people have owned passports) – however, there is no such thing as an ESTA visa. The ESTA is simply a pre-approval document issued by the U.S. government to travelers coming into the country on a tourist visa. In other words, you will still need a standard entry visa when entering the United States.

2. An ESTA visa allows me to stay longer than 90 days

Yes, you can apply for an ESTA visa. However, it only gives you permission to enter the United States for up to three months at a time. If you plan to stay longer than 90 days, you should apply for a B-1/B-2 visa.

3. I can get an ESTA visa without an invitation letter

No, not at all. You must provide proof of your invitation through a letter of invitation, which can be sent directly to you or via email. This letter must come from an individual residing in the United States and the host organization itself must also be located within the United States.

4. There is no limit on how many visas I can apply for per year

Technically, this isn’t true because you are limited to three visits per year, regardless of how many visas you submit. However, there is no cap on the number of applications you may submit. For example, if you want to visit the United States twice, you will need to file two separate applications.

5. I can use an ESTA visa to apply for an F-1 student visa

Unfortunately, this is wrong. You cannot use an ESTA visa to apply for an F-1 student visa. Only the Department of Homeland Security issues ESTAs for students (and other visitors).

6. I can use an ESTA visa to apply for an H-1B visa

Again, this is wrong. You cannot use an ESTA visa to apply for an H-1B visa; therefore it is important to note that most employers do not accept them. Additionally, you will need to send in a completed I-9 form along with the application. Furthermore, your employer needs to complete and submit an E-Verify report on your behalf.

7. I don’t need to pay any fees when applying for an ESTA visa

You are correct. The government doesn’t charge any fees for an ESTA visa application. However, there may be additional processing costs depending on where you apply.

8. I can take a vacation while waiting for my ESTA visa to arrive

Unfortunately, this is untrue. Your ESTA visa will only give you access to the United States for up to 3 months. After that period expires, you will need to re-apply for another ESTA.

9. I can use an ESTA visa to get a job offer

I am afraid you are incorrect again. Although you can submit an application using an ESTA visa, you will not receive an acceptance letter until after obtaining a B-1/B-2 visa. Once you obtain a B-1/B-2 visa, you can then use that to apply for a job offer.

10. I don’t need to pay any fees when applying for a U.S. visa

U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders) do not need to pay any fees when applying for a visa. However, there may be an administrative fee based on your specific situation. For instance, if you are applying for a family member visa (F-2), you may need to pay a $160 fee. Otherwise, you can apply online for free.
These are the some common tips that will help the people in reaching the goals to fill esta. The main motive of people is to take the steps that will help in the completion of the form. People frame a mindset regarding the experience that they had. They can work on achieving the goals that will give favourable results.

US Visa Applications

Visa applications are divided into four categories: F, M, V, and E. As mentioned above, the first step in getting a visa is to apply for one of the following category types:

F-1 Student: This is for foreign nationals studying in the United States. You may also apply for an H-1B visa if you would like to work in the United States.

E-1 Extraordinary Ability: This visa is only available to individuals with extraordinary ability in science, engineering, or business.

G-5 Investor Visitor: This visa is for investors who want to meet with potential companies in the United States. This visa is usually given with an invitation letter.

J-1 Exchange Visitor: This visa is for tourists visiting the United States. It requires proof of an invitation letter.

M-1 Letterer: This visa is for individuals working for a company in the United States. These visas are issued with either an invitation letter or a sponsorship letter.

P-1 Dependent: P-1 visas are for dependents accompanying their principal.

Q-1 Affiliate: Q-1 visas are for individuals sponsoring their employees to work in the United States.

F-1 Student Visa

An F-1 student visa is granted to students enrolled in an accredited university or college in the United States. You can apply for an F-1 visa after obtaining a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in the United States. This visa is valid for up to five years. However, you may only stay in the United States for up to six months each year.

H-1B Visa

An H-1B visa allows workers to be employed temporarily by a U.S. company. Generally speaking, they allow the holder to remain in the United States for up to six years. However, it’s possible that the worker could become eligible for an extension depending on the position. They may also be able to extend their stay beyond the maximum six years if the company decides to hire them again.

L-1 Visa

An L-1 visa is used for companies to bring over temporary workers from outside the United States. It is usually used when a company needs to hire individuals to fill some sort of gap in its workforce. For example, a retail store might require someone to help out during a busy holiday season. This type of visa is only temporary and it generally lasts between six months and a year.

O-1 Visa

An O-1 visa is for people who fall under the “extraordinary achievements” category. This category includes Olympic gold medalists, Nobel Prize winners, and others who have made significant contributions to society. This type of visa is granted for a one-year period. Individuals who receive this visa must maintain their eligibility every year so please check back here regularly.

Paul Cantwell is a news writer from Singapore. He works for and has contributed thousands of content covering wide variety of topics